Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Long Day and a Welcome Home!

Sherryl spent her entire birthday in airports and in airplanes heading back to Tampico.  She had a layover in the Monterrey Mexico airport while going to Texas and on the return trip.  While wandering around, she found this indoor putting green and spent some time practicing.

Sherryl's email to Jen:  "My adventures included:  My backpack was checked in the Dallas airport and they dug around and found some sunscreen I had forgotten about and that had made it TO Texas without any problems.  So that is gone.  When I was in the Monterrey Customs line a dog came up and was sniffing my backpack and the lady with the dog asked me if I had any food in my bag.  I had an apple and two mandarins that I had to give up there and the dog got a treat.  Also at Customs, there is a button to push and if a light turns red when you push it, that means ALL of your bags are opened and someone with gloves goes through every square inch.  I pushed it and it turned green so I was free to go <whew> not that it mattered, I think M&M's are still legal.  Since I had been in Monterrey before, I knew there was a shuttle bus and I needed to use it to get to the other terminal and it was right outside the door and a nice guy helped me get my luggage inside.  Still in Monterrey I was ready to recheck my bag through to Tampico and the agent said I only had a 1 hour layover in Mexico City. She was concerned that it wasn't enough time so she booked me on an earlier flight out of Monterrey. I kept myself entertained in the airports by writing in my journal and reading The Mysterious Benedict Society that I really like.  I made it through the Mexico City airport where Dad and I have been a couple of times and felt comfortable there.  I only waited in Tampico about a half hour before Dad and Berenice and Marcopolo came to get me.  All in all, things went well.  The right people helped me where I needed help.  What a nice ending to a very nice 'tender mercy.'"

"Hmmmm  people still speak Spanish down here!  And it is still hot and humid.  Go figure!"  


Paul was happy to greet Sherryl and welcomed her with Happy Birthday and Welcome Home signs. 
Her avocado trees had grown some in the week Sherryl was gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment