Monday, March 31, 2014

Our Chocolate Pie

From Sherryl's journal:  31 March 2014

"I think it is strange how my mind works.  Paul and I seldom if ever eat chocolate pudding or pie.  But once I learned that they don’t have pudding mix down here, I determined to make a chocolate pie.  I did that during the day today and it took me most of an hour to make it.  Then this evening, I wanted to whip the remaining cream into whipped cream.  I have an electric beater so there wasn’t a problem with machinery.  I poured the cream into a bowl and whipped and whipped and whipped and it got thicker but it didn’t peak or act like whipped cream.  I finally put the vanilla and sugar in and beat it a little more and tasted it.  Ugh!  It was awful and we didn’t use it.  However, we did have a slice of our chocolate pie with graham cracker crust (from H.E.B.) and it tastes really good!  It is probably the best chocolate pie that I have ever tasted.  Traci went online to find a recipe for me and sent me “How To Make Perfect Chocolate Pudding From Scratch.”  The only change I made to the recipe was to reduce the milk required to 2 cups instead of 2 ½ since I wanted it to be thicker for a pie.

"We took photos of the pie and then had our scripture time. Hno. Briones said we will have 19 missionaries arrive for the 9:30 a.m. session tomorrow."




No comments:

Post a Comment