Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Safety Pins

From Sherryl's journal:  14 January 2014

I love it when “things work out.”   We have had a box of safety pins at home in Farmington for many years and I seldom use them and Paul only uses them to pin his socks together.  So don’t ask why I put them into my luggage to come to Mexico because I don’t know why.  I just did.  When we arrived, I handed them to Paul and he said he didn’t need any more so I put them in one of our many cupboards and forgot about them.  Last Saturday while I was working in the baptistery at the temple with Jeanette, one the young girl patrons came up to us and asked if we had a safety pin so she could pin her key to her jumpsuit. Jeanette said she didn’t and then commented that she had been looking all over the place for safety pins and just couldn’t find them here.  I made sure that I put the safety pins in my purse this morning to take to the temple and give to Jeanette.  Now I understand why I plopped that box of safety pins in my luggage and hauled them to Mexico

1 comment:

  1. See. That is exactly why you listen to the Holy Ghost. Add up enough of these "experiences" and it because impossible to deny that He truly will speak to us if we listen and obey. Thanks for sharing! Need more safety pins?

    ReplyDelete